These cutters are made with finer walls (0.5 mm thick) to ensure the intricate features around the leaves are kept intact when pressing into your clay.
Made using a tough engineering strength resin ensures they will stand up to the pressure of cutting without compromising on detail.
They measure 30 mm from leaf tip to stem.
Add both styles to your basket and they will arrive in their own, part marked and unique storage box.
Cutter Care tips:
- Always lubricate your cutters (olive oil, cool slip, badger balm), this ensures a cleaner cut and easier cleaning.
- Ensure your clay is on a smooth surface as this reduces the risk of damaging your cutting edge and also gives a cleaner cut.
- Apply even downwards pressure cutting; angled, uneven pressure can crack the walls of your cutter.
- Do not put your cutters on your hot plate; the resin will soften and deform around 60 C / 140 F, this can reduce the life span of your cutters.
- Your shape may get stuck in the cutter, releasing can be aided by blowing into the back of the cutter or by using a damp soft bristled brush from the back of the cutter if blowing is not practical due to cutter outline.
- Clean your cutters carefully using tepid soapy water and a soft bristled brush; hard bristles can damage the fine cutting edge whilst hot water will soften the resin making it more prone to deformation and breaking. DO NOT use acetone as this will cause permanent damage
- Store your cutters in your handy box or flat on the back face clear of other objects (if you have one); this prevents the fine cutting edge being damaged.